Friday, 20 March 2015

Flexing

I could not hold my horses and started out with a new sculpt. Which is a good thing as long as I finish of some sculpts. My cupboard is filled with old unfinished drawings and stuff and I don´t want this for my sculpts. I´m going to try to finish of one sculpt for every sculpt I start from now on.



With my new rule of thumb in mind I also made a mould of the warrior. As I mentioned before I always brush on the first layer so that the surface of the mould gets free from bubbles. In the picture bellow you can see why. If I had not made that first brush on I would have had dots all over my model. I also cut some brass tubes and attached them to the hands. I did this because I was a bit worried about getting the metal to flow there and it also made the cutting of the mould easier. It´s also a good idea not to cut the mould in a straight line but work out some forms. It makes it easier to fit the mould together when casting this way.


2 comments:

  1. The new sculpt is coming along nicely. The curving horn motif on the helm is a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete