I have been taking a rest from sculpting and done some other stuff. I have mostly painted on my newly cast miniatures but I have also made some card board houses. They where made as a assignment for a class in texturing I held this week. The assignment was to make a texture and then make a house of it in 3D almost like paper houses. So I decided to print some work samples out and glue them together. They will probably be used as ww 2 game scenery of some sort later on.
Tuesday, 7 April 2015
I have cast the thief and the mercenary. The mould making worked out fine but it was hard cutting up the thief's mould. There is some minor flaws on the thief but nothing that can´t be worked out after casting. All in all I´m happy with them. I´m going to cast some swords and daggers soon so I can give them something to hold.
Sunday, 5 April 2015
Right now I´m making moulds of the thief and the mercenary! I have removed the dagger from the thief. I did this to make the cutting of the mould less painful and to be able to choose from multiple weapons. I have made some channels from brass tubes to make the casting of the arms and hands easier. I´m also working on some swords and daggers to go with the sculpts.
The paint station is working out great! I love being able to pick up where I left in a couple of minutes. Pure joy:)
Wednesday, 1 April 2015
I decided to make a paint/ sculpting station today. Sometimes it takes about 20 minutes just to find all the stuff I need to get started with a sculpt so I want to save some quality time! Luckily I had some mdf at home so I started to sketch out the layout and tonight I cut the pieces out and put it together. I´m quite happy with it.
I have also made some armatures for some new sculpts and sculpted on the female mercenary. I don´t have any good pictures of the progress so far because I just realized my youngest daughter must have smeared butter on the lens or something cause there is no focus