I have tested the mould! The result is OK I think:). I used a method I saw on youtube called steam casting used by silver smiths. You just push a lid with wet paper towels against the metal and the steam pressure pushes the metal down filling the mould (do this at your own risk:). I don´t know how well it works with pewter but I think the cast gets better defined when I use it. The air vents helps to. I´m using Prince august standard metal as casting metal instead of the old recycled pewter I have used before. Much easier casting and I like the finish as well. It´s gone be fun to see how the rest of the miniatures work out!